Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I seem to be having an issue that I can't pinpoint.. I have a system in my 2006 Sedan G6... I have had one in since I got back from overseas and have never had an issue, I had two 12" polk audio and a kenwood amp up until about late july early August..

I took them out and put in a planet audio 950W amp and 2 10" Kenwood subs. Since doing this (about 5 days ago now) My radio will randomly turn off for a half second or so and turn back on. It seems to happen either when braking or in corners. Which lead me to loose wire some where, I checked all the wiring on the harness, and rechecked amp wires.. nothing is loose, what I did notice however is... ever since installing the subs and amp, my FM/AM reception is completely unbarable.

It plays with static while moving in the vehicle (driving) but when I come to a complete stop, it goes out completely and is nothing but static. That makes me think it's an antenna issue, which is weird, but I can't seem to locate the actual antenna module. My ground is attached to rear deck in trunk (the metal) for the amp. Anyone ever experience anything like this? Is there a solution? Can I get some possible solutions?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Brand new amp? have you tried just disconnecting it to see if the problems go away with the amp isn't in the picture?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts