Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 3.0L V6. When i start it up for the first time of the day, rather I use my key or my remote start, it starts perfectly fine. Same result if I go to work and then let it sit for hours, I have no problems starting it. The problem is once it's warmed up. So let's say I go into a store, I let it sit for 10 minutes and try to use my remote start as I'm walking up to my car. It'll crank, most of the time for 5-10 seconds. When it's done cranking it'll die. In one instance it actually started up after it cranked for the long but it struggled to turn the engine on. On the other hand, if I go in the store and I come out and try to start it with my key using the ignition switch, it'll crank and turnover but it'll die before the gauge meters go back to the normal position (since they move up then go back down when you start the car) sometimes I'll go to start it with the key and it'll crank but not turnover, sometimes it turns over but dies immediately (after the meter goes back down) usually when it doesn't start I put my foot on the gas and it starts right up and doesn't die. There's no check engine light on. I've tried fuel injector cleaner but got no where. I looked up online and I saw a lot about the ignition switches becoming a problem but I don't think that could be it because when I apply gas it starts just fine it never cuts off while I'm driving it or at a stop either. But one thing to note that happens every so often is when I turn my key to accessory power my radio doesn't work sometimes, 5 minutes later it will start to work again. I don't know if that has to deal with the ignition switch or not but it doesn't happen often. It only does it when my car is warmed up which is annoying because it doesn't do it all the time. I figured it was a dirty throttle body. But wouldnt a dirty throttle body affect starting at all temperatures and not just when the vehicle is warmed up? I'm stumped and I plan on taking it to another shop next week since the shop that I've been going to for over a year can't seem to figure out what the problem is without checking for codes (no engine lights present and their reader to check for stored codes couldn't connect to my computer I guess) but I really don't want to get anything else fixed that's not going to solve my problem. And I really don't want to pay $60 for a diagnostics, get the part fixed, and my problem is still there. I've heard that this problem is pretty common in 2006 GM vehicles. My friend has a 2006 Buick Lucerne and hers doesn't start unless you apply gas as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts