Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
08 convertible
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had the trac/esc light come on randomly about once every couple of weeks for a while. It goes off at the next key-on and car works normally. Has anyone seen this and found the cause?
I did re-grease the BCM connector, that didn't fix it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've had the trac/esc light come on randomly about once every couple of weeks for a while. It goes off at the next key-on and car works normally. Has anyone seen this and found the cause?
I did re-grease the BCM connector, that didn't fix it.
Sorry DX, have had similar issue but no solution that I have come across to date. Was hoping that someone would post a solution...
Maybe they will yet!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
I see DTC P0174 as "Fuel Trim System Lean Bank 2" and a note
Important: Disregard any transmission symptoms, antilock brake system (ABS) indicators, and traction control system (TCS) indicators until any fuel trim faults are repaired. A fuel trim fault may cause default actions such as harsh shifts and illumination of the ABS/TCS indicators.

As well as test with a scan tool for MAP and MAF operation I see mention of the following that might be worth a check
  • Vacuum hoses for splits, kinks, and improper connections
  • The air duct for being collapsed or restricted
  • The air filter for being dirty or restricted
  • Objects blocking the throttle body
  • Excessive fuel in the crankcase due to leaking fuel injectors
  • The evaporative emissions control system for improper operation
  • Excessive fuel pressure
  • Malfunctioning fuel injectors
  • Fuel contamination
  • The HO2S 1 for improper installation and for electrical wires or connectors that may have contacted the exhaust system
  • The HO2S 1 signal circuit shorted to voltage
Hope something here helps.
Not sure dx but this might helpful for both of us.
thanks for posting boomer. I picked it up off a different thread So it may not be relevent

·
Registered
346 Posts
I have to say I was somewhat surprised also. When I saw the code description I thought "nah, completely unrelated to ABS/TCS" but thought I would look at the repair note anyway. Low and behold...

·
08 convertible
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have any codes and also no harsh shifts or any other driveability issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts