Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 09 g6. My interenal lights are staying on and killing my battery.. I am 90% sure it is my passenger door that is the problem, any suggestions?
Also where is the fuse to unplug the internal lights so it quits killing my battery till i get it fixed?

Thank You very much

·
Professional geek
433 Posts
Could be a bad Body Control Module, as the lights should automatically shut off after 10 or so minutes as BORN2SKI mentioned. You might be able to reset the BCM by disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes. Otherwise, it's a trip to the stealership...

~ MattInSoCal

·
Registered
422 Posts
If you are feeling a little adventurous and have a voltage tester you can check if the BCM is thinking that a door is still open...

Just a warning, if you do this be very careful when removing the bolt in the middle as pulling the connector off at an angle could bend a BCM pin which is a VERY EXPENSIVE repair.
Take your voltage tester between the spot labelled "negative switch" and a ground (say the one pictured bottom right). If any of the doors are open, it should read ~0.1v. Once all the doors are closed and the lights have dimed (or should have) it should read ~12v.
If the tester is not reading 12v 15-20 seconds after closing all the doors, then my guess would be a door pin/BCM or something like that.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.