Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Entry Level G6'r
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I just picked up a wrecked 05 G6 GT that a relative ran into a guard rail with and smashed up the passenger side and did some damage to the front suspension/steering. It will roll forward but, when you back up the wheels turn opposite ways and doesnt work so great. I will be slowly fixing it up and it is great to see there is such a great community of fellow owners. I have attached a couple pictures.

Any other issues i should be looking out for? I will be browsing the forums and trying to figure out what i can. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Welcome to the forums!
I'd check out the general maintenance and problems and solutions section of the forums. You'll find some topics coming up a bit more regularly than others and those are popular discussion sections. Depending on the work you're doing, you'll find that junkyards often have a handful of G6s on site, at least in my experience, to help save on costs depending on the repairs you're doing. That's saved me quite a bit of money over the years on my 2008 2.4L G6.
You're lucky that it's a relative's former car, so you're only a phone call away in case you need to check if they did something to the car at some point!
I'd double check and make sure the recalls are all in order and see what previous repairs they've done on it.
Happy driving! (Well, once it's fixed up :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts