Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Steve, my wife's name is Theresa and we own a 2007 G6. It now has app. 91,000 miles on it and it's been a going machine. I came across this website while looking for some info on a problem that has just cropped up with the G6. It seems that the temp gauge is not registering and the engine light is on. The electrical fan comes on at start-up but even after 40 minutes at freeway speeds, the engine is not overheated. Is this a thermostat prob or is there a sensor? The water pump was replaced last year but even then overheating was never a problem. Any help out there with this - and location of sensor/thermostat? I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
there is a temp sensor that is probably your issue. Go have your codes pulled at Autozone for free, and that should help with the diagnosis. As for the sensor location: 4 cyl is on the t-stat housing and the 3.5 and 3.9 is on the left end of the rear cylinder head, and 3.6 is above the #4 exhaust port near the front of the engine. Oh and welcome to the site Steve!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts