Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about buying a K&N CAI but wanted to know if it's really worth the 300$. Is it easy to install yourself and is K&N even the best CAI?

·
4,052 Posts
I have the K&N, and while im happy with it i wasnt happy with the heat shield it was basically a piece of shit. get your self Crabs you wont be dissapointed. you can see pics of the two heatshields in my progression thread. .... and yeah I think its worth it. better throttle response and a nice sound. also once you install your CAI be sure to get rid of your intake resonator.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the K&N, and while im happy with it i wasnt happy with the heat shield it was basically a piece of shit. get your self Crabs you wont be dissapointed. you can see pics of the two heatshields in my progression thread. .... and yeah I think its worth it. better throttle response and a nice sound. also once you install your CAI be sure to get rid of your intake resonator.
How much did you pay for your tint?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Actually, I just ordered the CRAB intake myself, and when I asked about the FPU upgrade, he said that they were currently restocking them. I paid for the FPU, and now I have it in the mail on its' way here.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I heard from a guy at work that if a install a CAI I should tune or get a new computer so the air flow sensor can account for the new air intake, is this true, and how much is that?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts