Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
New 6er
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I am in the market for a g6 convert. I have been looking religiously and I think I will be purchasing one either today or Monday. I have been on this site for the past couple of weeks trying to learn what I can about g6's.

So I just landed my first career job and now I want to reward myself with a new car and design it how I want to. I love customizing a car so that it looks like no one else's.

Anyways, if I was to mod up my car with new headlights and added a body kit, would there be problems down the road if I needed work done to my car while it was under warranty?

And if anyone has modded their convert please send me some pics. I am still learning this site so sorry if you have already posted them and I have yet to see them.

Thanks in advance,
Can't wait to be a 6er

·
Registered
190 Posts
No, the only thing you would void is the item replaced. i.e. you can't ask GM for a new headlight when you've replaced it with a different one.

With that all said though, you most likely will still run into roadblocks if you go crazy with modding. You'll need to find a mod-friendly service department. When I had my GTO, my service department wanted to void out my electrical warranty because I had modded the motor and trans. I had to fight it and contact a regional GM rep to get my radio fixed. The rep agreed with me in the end, but the more you mod, the more you might have to fight for your warranty rights.

·
New 6er
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks guys for the replies. I feel more comfortable purchasing this vehicle now. And thanks for in the future once I hit this site hard with questions/concerns.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts