Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Anyone Know If There Is A Front And Possibly A Rear Strut Bar For A G6, Have Used Them In The Past On A Pt Cruiser And A Mustang, They Seened To Help Stiffen The Body...???? If So Where Can I Get These...thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am not sure about the rear, but I have heard members buying the front engine compartment strut tower brace from a Malibu/Malibu Maxx SS (I think it lists for $140 @ the dealership).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Front Strut Tower Brace - GM Part Number: 15286584 - Lists for $144. (Chevrolet Malibu/Maxx SS models)

It utilizes (2) of the studs/nuts for each strut as a mounting attachment points.

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
Does Anyone Know If There Is A Front And Possibly A Rear Strut Bar For A G6, Have Used Them In The Past On A Pt Cruiser And A Mustang, They Seened To Help Stiffen The Body...???? If So Where Can I Get These...thanks!
There is no rear strut bar for the G6. The G6 does not have struts in the rear, it has shocks.

·
RAM AIR!!
266 Posts
So why did you not offer any help before? you just mentioned search.
because even though this site is pittfully small I am sure this has been mentioned many times before. You should learn how to use the search button it is a very powerfull and usefull feature.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, thanks ...get the hint about search

ok, ok will learn to use the search...but thanks for the info also...

·
RAM AIR!!
266 Posts
yeah anytime you order off of gmpartsdirect it might take a couple weeks to get it but it is only about $93 shipped. It will give you a pretty big improvement.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Feedback on Strut Tower Brace

Has anyone installed the Strut Tower Brace from GMPARTSDIRECT? If so, can you tell me how it fits and if you notice any difference. Thanks.

·
you know
11 Posts
Has anyone installed the Strut Tower Brace from GMPARTSDIRECT? If so, can you tell me how it fits and if you notice any difference. Thanks.
I have. It is a small difference. Good luck finding one though. They are on national backorder. Try a salvage yard. It would go well with lowering, Koni front stuts(for the Saab 93) and a larger rear sway bar (in the works).

This is mine. Sorry for the dirty car, its pollen season. You will need at least two of those rubber bumpers I picture. If not, the bar will rub the hood. You can see the scratch from where I did not have them at first. I filled all the holes because I'm OCD Like that. But one on both sides will do the trick. You should be able to find them at ACE or comparable.

·
you know
11 Posts
that does not fit very good. Toyz on the other forum is developing a better one.

·
you know
11 Posts
woops i feel dumb.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
It will hit the bottom of your hood. Plus the people there are
asssssholes and you get no service.

Get the GM one.

I just painted mine to match the car.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts