Pontiac G6 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 84 Posts

·
Fried like a Cheese Stick
1,035 Posts

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
Installed GM's Strut Tower Brace for the Malibu today on my GTP, very simple no mods needed, bolted right up. Just under $120 from GMpartsdirect.com. Test drive is coming up next!

PICS in the Gallery!!!

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
i bought mine at racingline performance and it looks sweet all polished aluminum bar and steel mounts which i painted red. will post pics on Sunday gone for the weekend.

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
The holes on my STB were slotted for adjustment, so I don't know if yours came that way or not? Other wise yeah you had an odd off centered stud.

·
Il Cavallo
57 Posts
about to order the racingline performance front strut tower bar ... does anyone have problems with this strut bar?

·
WHITE G6 GT (:
159 Posts
This is my next MOD. :D It's pretty cheap too. What other "cheap" MOD's can I benefit from? Please let me know fellas! Even MOD's to take off your car that will help...

Dillon :cool:

·
Il Cavallo
57 Posts
@waterfowler76-thanks i went ahead and ordered it ... ill let you know how it goes ...

@dwhiteg6gt-do you have the mmi's?

·
Il Cavallo
57 Posts
Update ... just installed the racingline front strut tower bar ... not only does it looks good but it makes the car feel alot more solid

·
Il Cavallo
57 Posts
@waterfowler76-thanks for the response ... how hard was the rear mount to put in & what differences did you feel?

·
4,052 Posts
from what i had read some people had problems with the bolts lining up when reinstalling, and the initial loosening the bolts. But I realy didnt have any problems. I dont remember exactly what i used but i do know it helps to have a good selection of socket extentions. as far as the difference, the car feels more solid...improved throttle response time...and it changed the sound of the engine a little.

41 - 60 of 84 Posts