Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed while driving down the freeway today that if the windows are down and i push it over 65 my moonroof starts flapping up and down. Once i got stopped i checked it out and its like the moonroof is 1/8th inch lower than it should be.
I was thinking there has to be a way to adjust it. Or barring that do you guys think it would be ok to maybe glue some little foam foot pads on there to make up the difference in clearance?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Best bet would be to take it to the dealer and have them adjust it if it can be adjusted. I would not place the little dots in there for they may come loose and jam up your track and then you are really going to be in bigger trouble than just to have taken it to the dealer to start with. With a sunroof, you don't want to play around since it is what stands between you and your car getting soaked should it start leaking badly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So i took it to the dealer. They say there is no way to adjust it and the entire track assembly needs to be replaced for it to work right. cost. $1488.00 + tax.
So i think i'll try gluing some little foam booties on there since it'll cost 1500 bucks more or less no matter what.

·
beeeeeeefy
883 Posts
yea the sunroof is no joke.... there are some who the PANO roof... that was probably the worst thing pontiac could have done because it really didnt really perform all to well... knock on wood those who haven't had issues.. lots of money to be spent to repair a sunroof.

if something does end up trashing on you, you could always just have body shop put in a piece of glass to fill the hole... wont be useable but cheaper

1 - 5 of 5 Posts