Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Is this okay to do or should I put it back to normal (K&N CAI rem mod)?

History - I had put on a K&N Cold Air Intake. It ticked like crazy when accelerating, after bringing it to 2 garages and making changes to it 3 times, I decided to throw in the towel and put the stock intake back on today.

Question - I did make one change though, I put everything that is stock back on except the air filter and I kept the airbox open and kept the K&N air filter on, see photos below... Is this okay to do? long trips too? I had a tornado filter before on another car I had and kept open the air box like the ones in the photo but the box on that car was deeper.

Let me know please, this solves the tick noise and keeps the noise with the cold air intake and seems to be a little more peppy too. :D

(yes, i know it needs to be cleaned! hehe)

Attachments

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I could put the heat shield back on still, probably a good idea. The stock intake is a bit loose in there now since it is not hooked directly to the box that was screwed on top. Is there anything you can recommend that I can use to secure it? I am sure it is okay like this but would like to make it a little tighter in there.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
This is fine, but whats the point in putting the stock airbox there? Take it out and put the heat shield on. If it ticks when you do that, then at least you narrowed the problem down.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts