Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanted to go 20% all around my black g6 gtp, but would it be too dark on front window to have in tx, but i really dont want to put 35 on front would lk to keep all the matching tint

·
Registered
63 Posts
i wanted to go 20% all around my black g6 gtp, but would it be too dark on front window to have in tx, but i really dont want to put 35 on front would lk to keep all the matching tint
Nope in Texas the darkest some places will even put on without waiving your warranty is 35% on the fronts. On my 6 I have 5% on the rear and back windows, and then 35% on the fronts. With how high deep our seats are and the 5% tint makes my front ones look nice and dark. I did have a 5% eyelid but they made it half the width it was supposed to be so just made them take it off and will have it done elsewhere. You can see pics of my tint and see what you think.

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
Please dont put tint on your front windshield....You dont need it. Eyebrows arnt even noticed on the G6 (IMHO).

When they did my tint I had the dealership do it on delivery. I asked them for one step darker than legal all the way around. Ive never been questioned about it and stopped several times in the past 5 years of driving my G6.

Yes Im in Texas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have 25% all around on my car and i find that to not be dark enough for me. i dont want it to obstruct my vision during night so I went for the 25. I would recommend doing 18% (if anyone near you offers that), because i honestly regret not doing that. I dont think you will be pleased with 35%

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have 5% all around, and a windshield brow. I can definitely tell a difference with the brow on then when it was off ( had to have my windshield replaced and took a month to get a brow back on) I hardly ever use my visors.

Sent from my EVO using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have 5% on my Buick, you can sure ride stealth in that, even tinted the windshield, which is great if you only drive during the day. Night and rain=no go.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
317 Posts
i have 20% on my black sedan and you can see perfectly inside and out im just too lazy to show a picture, so feel free to check my progression page... plenty of pictures

·
Legend
782 Posts
I have 10% all the way around and 35% on the windshield. I've only been questioned once on a traffic stop about it bit not ticketed. You want to talk not being able to see into my car at all lol even at noon with no clouds still can't see in it lol I absolutely love it. At night can suck sometimes but completely worth it. I'm in Florida though.

Sent from my Desire HD using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yea I notice a lot of cars in Florida have really dark tint, but I'd say it's a have too or you'd burst into flames. The darkest I've had Is 5% all around including the windshield, great during the day, but not so much on a dark road at night while it's raining.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 13 of 13 Posts