Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys ive decided on getting the CRAB intake but i was wondering what is this FPU thing is do i buy this as like a 4th package or is it a add-on to the 3rd package? Also what does it do and i dont have a Ram Air hood but im planning on getting one in the future... since this is a "Cool Ram Air Box" should i not get it since i do not have a ram air hood?
PS what is this tiger crab low ram air intake? lol should i do this would it make the filter more efficient?
thanks in advance for your guys help im kind of a noob at this kind of stuff =/
-Kris

·
Registered
474 Posts
I can answer the first two, the FPU is an add on to option 3, it is to replace your stock pipe. Yes, you can get it without the Ram air hood, I run it with my stock hood, and you can also add the hood later if you want to. As for the tiger crab... I'm not sure. I'm sure one of the guys knows.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
upgrade to the post

ok as i said on my last post im planning on getting that dragon filter as my air filter and option 3 seems like its just the couplers and the filter so option 3 kinda seems pointless to buy... so can i just buy the FPU and not get option 3 since im getting a dif filter and the FPU come with couplers and then buy any other xtra parts needed for the installation at auto zone? it would be cheaper than paying $175+ on a air filter that i wont use and xtra couplers since the FPU comes with couplers haha

·
Registered
474 Posts
Option three also come with the heat shield, which is a must. You can get the fpu without getting option three.. If you don't want the filter, get Option 1 or 2. then you will get the shield and the couplers. No extra parts needed. As for the FPU coming with all the couplers. From what I understand, it only comes with the coupler that connects the FPU to the MAF sensor, and to the engine (not directly, but you get what I'm saying). You'll still need the couplers to connect the MAF to the filter.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm alright that makes sense. so based on wat ive said wat would ur suggestion be on wat to buy? and how much do u think installation would be if i got it prof installed? also i have an advanced auto parts and autozone like 5 or 10min away from my house so i can buy certain parts if needed =D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL the famous quote xD i can see that you have them installed why not help me out here T.T id like to buy them asap lol

·
Registered
474 Posts
hmm alright that makes sense. so based on wat ive said wat would ur suggestion be on wat to buy? and how much do u think installation would be if i got it prof installed? also i have an advanced auto parts and autozone like 5 or 10min away from my house so i can buy certain parts if needed =D
I think for you, it would be wise to get option 2 (the one with out the filter because you're getting a different one) and the FPU. Also, it is very straight forward on how to install, all you really need are some wrenches, screwdriver, and elbow grease and you'll have it installed in no time. (Remember, this is all my opinion, take it as that, it is your car, and ultimately, your choice)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is it really worth it?

considering that i have a v6 and not a gt are the gains really worth the amount of money im goin to put into it($300) haha i mean $300 is a pretty decent amount of money :D

·
Registered
474 Posts
To me, it was 100% worth it. I havent seen anyone that disliked their CRABs...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok what else

ok thank you so much for your help! So what other things can i do to my car that will make it "faster" nothing like aturbo or supercharger as i would like to keep my transmission form breaking lol and nothing that will break the bank either :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
474 Posts
i believe the spare PCM would you be buying a new one straight out and not waiting for your current one to be sent in, programmed, and sent back.
It will either be a new one, or a gently used one. When I read the "terms of use" before buying mine. It said he is switching over to gently used ones, with under 10,000 miles on them. (I don't know what that is, but it doesn't make a huge difference whether it is gently used, or my more used PCM)

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
The PCMs usually last an incredibly long time without faults... But can't be all that sure..
Either way I got my WAMS with a new ECM/TCM outright. So now I have my stock modules and my tuned modules. I always have the option to revert back to stock OR change it over in the event I'm in an area that doesn't have a high enough octane rating.

As for best power gains within the budget.. I would say Intake, Exhaust and a Tune. That's probably the most you can really do to get power without going crazy. get it to breathe better and make it burn higher octane gas.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
how much would you say exhaust would cost? and what would you recommend to get.. like what do you think sounds the best exhaust wise?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Magnaflow sells a cat back exhaust for the G6 Clicky

I personally just did a resonator delete and left everything else alone. Resonators and Mufflers aren't as restrictive as the manifold or the cats. Therefore getting headers or a high flow cat would probably get more performance, where as a cat back is more for sound.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts