Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if the jet chips Work and if they do any problems with it thanks
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Nope. Dont work. Total waste of time and money.
It may work for a short while, but it'll quickly start throwing codes and running like crap.

Your best bet is a tune. Wams tune is the way to go for a G6. Improves the map and runs off 93 octane for a good boost of power for the money.
I'll post a link for ya after work unless someone beats me to it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bro saved me some cash :D iv herd of that other tune cool cant wait for link

Sent from sAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
No problem, Someone on her had a jet chip with poor results.
There's actually one for sale in the for sale section. haha

WAMS is the best bet, and personally it's one of my favorite mods. Worth the money.
Here's the link:
WAMS G6 TUNES

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will wams work for my manual six speed. U think

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I don't see why not. Same engine as other G6's, just different trans, so you should be able to get a high octane tune for that motor.

You can try contacting WAMS for specific details.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I hope gonna try it soon enough. $ What u think about a supercharger from a Monte carlo ss doesnt it jave the same platform. This is to go on my gtp 3.9

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I really couldn't tell you, I've focuses primarily on my 4 banger for performance options. I'm really not sure of the Monte Carlo motor. Being the same platform it may work, but you'll have to do quite a bit to figure out, gotta get the manifold sorted, belt routing, etc.

I've you're looking for boost and a kit isn't available, it may almost be easier to turbo it, but then dyno tuning can be a nice pain.

Look around, maybe check out the Monte Carlo forums, I'm sure you can find some good info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts