Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I installed my Intake I held off on the Jet MAF I had lying around, because Lampoon cautioned me that they give CELs and leave you running lean. I also contacted WAMS who said they wont tune for the MAF as they are a scam. I was bored this morning and threw it on just to see what happened. I didn't get a CEL yet and it seems to be running fine, I'm fairly sure its rich if anything. I could be wrong, I havent taken it on the highway yet. I'd like to hear about some other experiences with these things, cuz I know some folks love'm and others hate'm, so I'd like to get to the bottom of things

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
plz, i'm looking to create a dialogue here, an opinion accompanied with no data is useless to me. I talk to a lot of ppl who look at mods from a direct dollars to whp standpoint, which is fine but thats not how i look at things. If someone can categorically show me that the Jet MAF is hurting my car, I'll take in off it a heartbeat and eat the loss.

· RAM AIR!!
266 Posts
i got mine pretty cheap so I tried it for awhile, DRE had problems with it and got rid of it. I picked it up and the only way to not get a CEL was to dump octane booster in my 6. The only difference between the stock MAF and the Jet one is that there is no screen on the Jet one. There is a big write up about them over on g6p.

· Premium Member
5,786 Posts
Everyone I know who has tried it (and a few professinals) say its a scam that hurts
your engine....

I was just passing on my knowledge based on that.

if it works for you then great....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.