Pontiac G6 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Addicted!
136 Posts
Im sellin the module cuz i traded my gt in for gxp so the chip is useless with the 3.6 so im selling chip for 150, 300 new. Its basically a tune you plug into your ecm, and it deffinetly works i felt instant throttle response, and saw increased gas mileage on the computer about 2 mpg, which adds up especially for only 150.

·
Addicted!
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am thinking of maybe getting a 3.5l and making a video to see before and after idk where any strips or anything around me to get actual times though.. or a dyno.. cuz im sick of people saying it doesnt work when it deff does i have one.. other people have them..

·
Addicted!
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For the price someone else that has access to a dyno or strip could attempt themselves..

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
I am thinking of maybe getting a 3.5l and making a video to see before and after idk where any strips or anything around me to get actual times though.. or a dyno.. cuz im sick of people saying it doesnt work when it deff does i have one.. other people have them..
I have one for my GTP, and they do work! If you count the stock # as a baseline I dynoed with a 24hp gain from my intake, exhaust, and JET stage 2 module. I gurantee my cutom intake and exhaust is not responsible for all that! I noticed a huge improvement on throttle response, mpg increase, and I noticed the most improvement in performance when I installed it after the intake and exhaust! Dont be afraid to spend the $150 you wont be disapointed!

·
Banned
211 Posts
I'm currently running a tune performed with dyno runs, so I really have no interest.

I can go 3 times on the Dyno for $50 every other weekend, but I just don't have the motivation to buy the module, just to prove whether it works or not.

After researching these, they receive very mixed reviews.. I guess it's a gamble. I think you'd get more on Craigslist or Ebay, although technically this would be your target market of consumers - I don't see a demand, you know?

·
Addicted!
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thankyou cal about time someone agrees haha

·
Breaks Stuff
224 Posts
I have one for my GTP, and they do work! If you count the stock # as a baseline I dynoed with a 24hp gain from my intake, exhaust, and JET stage 2 module. I gurantee my cutom intake and exhaust is not responsible for all that! I noticed a huge improvement on throttle response, mpg increase, and I noticed the most improvement in performance when I installed it after the intake and exhaust! Dont be afraid to spend the $150 you wont be disapointed!
And you've already proven you were lying to everyone here about that dyno (per the dyno operator!) so please stop trying to make yourself feel better about buying into that BS.

·
Varsity Squad
751 Posts
And you've already proven you were lying to everyone here about that dyno (per the dyno operator!) so please stop trying to make yourself feel better about buying into that BS.
But you are wrong because I wasn't lying about the dyno. I did take off the JET module, but did not disconnect the battery so the flash from the JET was still current in the ECM, and that is why I the run without the JET module connected was basicly the same, 1 more HP if you want to be exact about it. So i never really did a run without the JET parameters set in the ECM. I would think someone of your knowledge would understand. But you want to just bash other peoples products to sell more of yours. You have never tried a JET module, so you do not know, but there are at least a dozen of others on this forum who have a JET module and have noticed the same types of improvements. I am done at that, I am not getting into another pissing match with you about something you were not there and do not know or understand all matters concerned.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I am going to buy this JET module. I will do some tests of my own. I'll do like 5. 0-60 runs without, reset the fuel eco. meter and drive the same stretch of road the same way.. ill see how much i can test this.... becuase i want it. its WAYYY cheaper than WAMS so its worth a try..

·
Breaks Stuff
224 Posts
Uhhh the dyno operator posted in that thread about how you lost power and for the last time that jet scam crap doesn't flash anything it's a slightly more advanced version of those chips on eBay lol I'm not bashing anything it's the truth lol I've seen plenty of these scam jet module and I've disassembled them/logged them on the bench so from where I'm standing I've got a hell of a lot more experience with that snake oil than you do.

·
Breaks Stuff
224 Posts
Of course its cheaper, it doesnt do anything LO Hell jet got caught sticking jet stickers on stock ecms not too long ago! The only thing it does is skew the MAF and IAT inputs that's it just like the junk on eBay. It doesnt FLASH anything, if it did you wouldn't have to leave it on.

·
Breaks Stuff
224 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Of course its cheaper, it doesnt do anything LO Hell jet got caught sticking jet stickers on stock ecms not too long ago! The only thing it does is skew the MAF and IAT inputs that's it just like the junk on eBay. It doesnt FLASH anything, if it did you wouldn't have to leave it on.
Because I dont want to be "That Guy" that argues over the internet, i'll just point out that you made a contradictory statement. In one sentence you say that "it doesnt do anything LO" but then a following sentence you say "The only thing it does is skew the MAF and IAT input" so does it do nothing? or does it do something?

·
Breaks Stuff
224 Posts
Because I dont want to be "That Guy" that argues over the internet, i'll just point out that you made a contradictory statement. In one sentence you say that "it doesnt do anything LO" but then a following sentence you say "The only thing it does is skew the MAF and IAT input" so does it do nothing? or does it do something?
Thats the same EXACT thing all the Ebay scam chips do, if you want that go pay $15 for that and then read alllll the threads out there on Jet Chip scams with dynos where they lose power or "pick up" 1-3 HP IE dyno variation from run to run. The only thing it "does" is provide false inputs to the ECM/PCM which can in turn cause quite a few problems, incorrect line pressure on the trans being the biggest.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I just wanted to know if it did anything or not... not whether it works or not. once again...

·
Breaks Stuff
224 Posts
Read the links, it does NOTHING that it claims to do.

·
Registered
331 Posts
okay iread the links.. they do say they dont do anything... but how about the two guys on this thread? how did you come up with those links so fast? do you happen to keep them saved in a favorite so you can post them when somone wants to get a JET?

·
Breaks Stuff
224 Posts
Easy google jet chip scam you get about a million hits lol one guy in this thread for sure has been caught lying here about his dyno numbers and of course the other is going to say it works he has to sell it lol

·
Registered
331 Posts
Like i said.. I do not want to be "that guy" so i will end this conversation.. I just thought it was a little rude to mess with the guys sale, twice i believe im not sure. thats all.

·
Breaks Stuff
224 Posts
You are correct but the cycle of people here getting scammed needs to end; enough is enough.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.