Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have some really nice 3157 LED bulbs that I used on a '98 buick century a year ago but seeing as that car is long gone, I want to use them in the G6. I know the bulb fits, but the fast turn signals would drive me crazy. I was able to swap out the flasher unit in the century so it would flash regularly so my question is can I do the same in the G6? What type of flasher unit does the G6 use: Thermal or whatever the other one is?

My second question is: is $160 a good price for window tinting?

Third question: would a silver pinstripe on a sport metallic red G6 GT look good? Im kinda going for a silver (same silver as the 5-spoke alloy rims) and red look.

·
Registered
69 Posts
turning signals : not to sure.

window tint : yes $160 is def. a good price, depending on the tint. What brand of tint are they using? llumar or madico are the only ways to go, imo.

pinstripe : yuck. to each his own though.

:p

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are using llumar, but i found a closer shop thatll do $130 with llumar and it takes less time. 5 star reviews all around as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how do I know where the antenna is?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah i figured. I called the tint company and they said it just affects the AM stations. Im not too worried. I live really close to Orlando and when Im at school its in downtown Knoxville. I think ill be fine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
k so i got the tint- 15% rear and 25% up front. I havent noticed any difference in radio signal. I have tried out the LED bulbs in the tails and will be ordering resistors sometime next week. Ill post pics of it all when its done.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.