Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just bought the car from my dad and was wondering what i can do to it. i cant find a supercharger for the 3.9. the crab intakes seem to be only for the 3.5. im looking into the GT-r exahst. any simple on the fly programers out there? (my bro has a 07 dodge turbo cummins that has the on the fly settings to add 20-100 HP, obviously unrealistic for the gtp but want something similar) i cant seem to find anything for the 3.9. also might be a dumb questions but do body parts such as tail lights fit the convertible the same as the coupe? thanks

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
no....coupe lights are not the same as the verts. They are close though.
No simple programming for our cars. No chips...you have to send in your ECM
to be reprogrammed. There are only 3 that do it. Westers, Vector and WAM.
Clicky here.
Since Chris is around the forums I chose him. His is WAM. You can PM him on here.
His user id is GTPrix.

Crabs fit the 3.9 just fine.

...and here it is on a 3.9 vert!

Anymore questions??

You might also get a HSRK (heat soak reduction kit). It reloactes your air intake temp sensor away from the engine heat to give it a better reading.
I saw huge improvements in reading temps with my Dashhawk with it over the stock sensor in the MAF.

Anyways....next question? :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow you guys really go above and beyond. ok well i guess my next question would be is the crab intake beneficial with the stock hood, or is it necessary for the proper function of the crab intake? also i know this is in the wrong section, but is there any upgrades for the brakes? such as calipers and rotors? The stock rims really show off the disc brakes but they look really... wimpy. it would be cool to show off some huge brembo brakes.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
I cant remember but I think its either the caddy or the saab that has a bolt on
application for the G6 but its very costly. You can, however, replace and up grade your rotors and pads.
You can see pix of mine under Ole Blue in the members rides section.

The CRAB (Cold Ram Air Box) is made for the stock hood.
MPD altered their ram air hood to fit the standard crab cab so now
it is used for either. Which is good news for you if you ever wish
to upgrade your hood and good news for me cause I only have to
make one style. lol

I can not pitch my wares here because I am not a vendor here.

Maybe someone else can answer you about the advatages of the Crab or
you can search around as those answers are out there. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.