Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Looks like a good website--happy to join. I just bought a 2006 Pontiac G6 sedan. I heard good things about the car from my boss and my brother-in-law, and it's got a good sized back seat in which to put a kids car seat.

Has anyone encountered a bit of a rattling noise in the front end as one goes over smaller bumps? And, has anyone noticed their G6 make a bit of a popping/clunking noise as you turn a corner? I know every car has its quirk, but is there a work-around for this sort of thing?

And (I hope these aren't too many questions at once), I heard the electric assist power steering can be prone to failure on the G6. My wife thought she caught a glimpse of the word "Power Steering" scroll across the message center the other day.

Carl

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Welcome to the site!
All G6s make some sort of knocking and rattling type noises when going over bumps.Yours almost sounds like something may be worn. Maybe take it to a shop and have it checked out or you can do it too. Never hurts to get an inspection.

The car will beep at you when it displays the Power Steering message on the DIC. I would assume yours would have already been replaced, But there is a complete write up on how to replace it and all somewhere on the site

·
Registered
43 Posts
Guess I'll never ever have to worry about any sort of clunking. Ever..

Welcome. I too am a new owner. I still have a year of factory warranty left so I'm hoping if any clinking, clacking or clunking takes place its within that. But that never happens does it

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the site!
All G6s make some sort of knocking and rattling type noises when going over bumps.Yours almost sounds like something may be worn. Maybe take it to a shop and have it checked out or you can do it too. Never hurts to get an inspection.

The car will beep at you when it displays the Power Steering message on the DIC. I would assume yours would have already been replaced, But there is a complete write up on how to replace it and all somewhere on the site
Thanks. Regarding the electric power steering, do you think replacement at some time in the past would have been the result of a factory recall?

·
CrAzY Moderator
963 Posts
Welcome to the club bud!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts