Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. My name is Dave. I'm the proud owner of a 2006 Pontiac G6 sedan (just bought it Friday). I absolutely love this car. I've been driving second hand pickup trucks since I was 16 (12+ years), so driving this thing is quite a different (fun) experience.

I'll be honest... I've noticed a few quirks and less-than-awesome things about it, that I'll probably be asking some questions about over the next few days. But all in all I'm very happy with my purchase and looking forward to communicating with other G6 owners.

Thanks for having me.
DM

·
^I R CUSTOM^
77 Posts
Welcome! And as I have seen already, you have been into the "common problems" threads here...Yes, the G6 has some quirks that we ALL experience.

The good thing is that the MAJOR things on this car are awesome. The engine is strong and bulletproof, and the tranny is pretty tip-top too.

Common quirks:

Steering - mainly the Intermediate shaft
Rotors - they suck, get aftermarket ones
Starting - fuel pump sometimes doesn't prime fast enough
"tire balance" - seems a few cases of pulling and vibration

Other than those, which technically, are minor but annoying, the car is rock solid.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Welcome! And as I have seen already, you have been into the "common problems" threads here...Yes, the G6 has some quirks that we ALL experience.

The good thing is that the MAJOR things on this car are awesome. The engine is strong and bulletproof, and the tranny is pretty tip-top too.

Common quirks:

Steering - mainly the Intermediate shaft
Rotors - they suck, get aftermarket ones
Starting - fuel pump sometimes doesn't prime fast enough
"tire balance" - seems a few cases of pulling and vibration

Other than those, which technically, are minor but annoying, the car is rock solid.
I would agree with all of that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts