Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bough a 2006 g6 gt with 30k miles on it for 11!! This thing is nice as hell and thought Id drop in here and say hi to all the g6 owners! I have a few questions but not sure if this should be in this thread or what. I have a monsson single disc cd changer and I NEED mp3 compatability! Better off buying a head unit with the aux in it or taking it to a car place where they do some funky crap with adapters and what not.

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Welcome to the club and congrats on the purchase!
IMO, the new headunit (2008) is the way to go. I perfer the stock look for daily drivers but other folks here have good info if you chose to go w/ an after market system.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I went with a Pioneer AVIC-F90BT, adds DVD/Bluetooth/GPS to the car along with satellite radio, USB port + Mp3 jacks, and a backup cam if you want it. One of my favorite things I added to the car. Only con is it will cost you about $600. You can get cheaper units, however.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats a pretty slick head unit. Only downside is that you cant use the default menus like your mileage and oil life etc....

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
lampoon what kind is yours? i am kinda interested. could you send pics and a price? do you lose all the normal menu options from the stock radio? [email protected]

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,351 Posts
You dont loose anything.....You will need the dealership to program it to your car though.
Its about 5 min on their Tech2. Shop around dealerships though cause what they charge for that can vary from free to $80.

Its the 2008 Monsoon single disk w/aux.

Trust me - you dont want the 6 cd changer. They break. Mine did and most people I know -theirs broke before long too.
Besides you wont need it with the Aux!!

Its a $400 + easy radio....I wanted $125 plus actual shipping....

Model # is 25890719

GM parts direct lists it as:
GMPARTSDIRECT.COM said:
GM PART # 25890719
CATEGORY: All
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $0.00
OUR PRICE: $503.79
No scratches....I was told it works great. If he left a CD in it then please return it.
He told me he may have.... lol

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
so can you give me a ball park shipping to Wyoming, mi? so 125 plus shipping?

·
Registered
14 Posts
My deck cost me like 550$ with install, and they also moved the info panel to the glovebox (mpg, trip status, etc), check out pictures in my gallery. Don't know why you'd want to swap the stereo for another GM stereo, except cost... but okay. Your car, your choice :p

·
5,351 Posts
My deck cost me like 550$ with install, and ... Don't know why you'd want to swap the stereo for another GM stereo, except cost... but okay. Your car, your choice :p
Prolly cause he will pay less than half that to get what he wants. :p

·
5,351 Posts
Please pay by Thursday as others want it and i dont want it sitting here knowing others want it. Im not a stock in limbo fan. :beam:

·
Michigan G6er
217 Posts
lampoon- let me know if he doesn't pay i will send money asap.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Prolly cause he will pay less than half that to get what he wants. :p
hah, sorry, my fault. Didn't fully read everything, skipped the actual price and only saw the GM price. I thought the original deck was 500+, which is why I was wondering, didnt realize it was ~100 :eek:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts