Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
TC...yea hit that button
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Won the auction on ebay today for 199.99 + 14.99 ship...can't wait to get em!

So...opinions please!:D I have white sedan. Plan on getting upper recessed grilles too before they all disappear. Uppers will be white for sure! Lowers white or black? I have black/chrome wheels and was thinking about getting the grilles chromed. That would sharp IMO...

(btw these are only primered, they are not painted white)

Attachments

·
TC...yea hit that button
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ordered the wheel a few weeks ago...a little project of I'm gonna be working on for a while before I'm happy with it. Already took it apart, popped stitching and took they grey leather off. Why a tapshift wheel on my manual car? Idk, cruise maybe for one side...start/kill for other side? I already looked at harness and determined that I'll be able to make these buttons do whatever I want.

Autobots FTW!!! I got two sets....4 wheels & steering wheel most likely. I should have gotten a decepticon for the passenger side(the side my GF is on).

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
200 is insane for 3 little things.

·
Registered
290 Posts
My recessed grills are chrome and it looks great. The grilles themselves though are black. And DomestikDemon i am working on doing decepticon stuff on my 6. Got a window decal that says Caution This vehicle is a transformer. Also got 1" decepticon badges to replace the GM badges on the sides. Any other ideas? maybe a to punish and enslave sticker..?

·
TC...yea hit that button
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My recessed grills are chrome and it looks great. The grilles themselves though are black. And DomestikDemon i am working on doing decepticon stuff on my 6. Got a window decal that says Caution This vehicle is a transformer. Also got 1" decepticon badges to replace the GM badges on the sides. Any other ideas? maybe a to punish and enslave sticker..?
Sounds like you have the normal ones that are most common. Look good tho IMO! And it sounds like we might end up meeting in another thread about transformer mods.:D Post up pics when you do all this...I know I'm going to.

200 is insane for 3 little things.
Well it's actually 4...the mesh sections are bundled together. But hey, I know you got some cash in your ride!;) Look up Roku. He has a real nice red coupe with the GM accessory grilles. Same thing I ordered. Uppers will be in the near future seeing as I'm getting a lot of OT at work right now.

I think white lower grilles would look killer on a white sedan.
Agreed. I came across pics of a white G6 with upper/lower painted white. Looked real good. Even if I copied him, atleast I also have the gm ground effects to compliment.:cool:

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have pics of the caution this vehicle is a transformer stickers. I will make a thread and post them up today

·
Registered
83 Posts
i do have alot in my car. im not trashing on you or anything, i just cant blelieve two pieces of mesh and some plastic is 200 bucks. lol

·
TC...yea hit that button
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i do have alot in my car. im not trashing on you or anything, i just cant blelieve two pieces of mesh and some plastic is 200 bucks. lol
I know I know, it's all good. I can believe it tho since the SCT kit is still 600 bucks... I almost bought jmgubbins' red, kitted, 5-speed 01' SE w/ SD hood. But he left water in the cooling system over the winter and now it's a chunk of ice... Let down? Yea. It was a sweeeeeeeet 4-banger GA. But I don't need another project, so I am using that money to buy an engine, an F40 flywheel, and other odds and ends to put my GAGT back together once and for all! It will have my '07 F40 that was originally in the G6.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Wait so you have a grand am?? Why are you not on grandamgt forum? Ive never seen your GA. but good to see you want to 6 speed swap it. The first 6 speed swapped N-body was a grand am ;)

And yes. Leaving water in the cooling system was very..... smart on his behalf. Might as well part that car out and send it to scrap. Or put a new motor in it.

·
TC...yea hit that button
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Yea man I have a GAGT that I completed a 5-speed swap to. That's the one my friend ran into a curb.:( I have the same s/n on gaownersclub and grandamgt. Oh and btw, I acutally bought that car today for my GF. Turns out that he got it started and there is nothing wrong with it. Pics tmrw in the daytime.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I saw that ebay posting. I already have the recessed chrome grilles. I sent a message to the seller to see if he had more of those U shaped clips with the teeth on them. Mine were very rusted from years in Michigan with the salty roads. I live in St. Louis at the moment and my grille almost fell off into the parking lot at work. since the clips came off. Anyone know where to find the clips?

·
TC...yea hit that button
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
And I just ordered the uppers today...GM part# 17802610

Got my autobots in the wheels....I'm sooooo past due for pics of these and other mods (battery in trunk, subs/amp, 09.5 gauges)

·
TC...yea hit that button
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I saw that ebay posting. I already have the recessed chrome grilles. I sent a message to the seller to see if he had more of those U shaped clips with the teeth on them. Mine were very rusted from years in Michigan with the salty roads. I live in St. Louis at the moment and my grille almost fell off into the parking lot at work. since the clips came off. Anyone know where to find the clips?

You might be able to get those in the hardware section at Advance...with all the other body/interior pins and clips and grommets and stuff...

·
TC...yea hit that button
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Just purchased the '01 GASE 2.4 5-speed(from jmgubbins on GAOC). Me and my old lady went halves on this. But it is hers of course...and who taught her to drive stick?:D

Would be better if it wasn't sideways...

The one on the dash was gone 5 min after this pic was taken. And yes I fixed the dented emblem on the steering wheel...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts