Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was beside a white G6 GT Sedan the other day at the red light, I have tinted windows, so of course I was checking it out. I have a black G6 GT Sedan, so I was seeing if there was any difference in that one and mine. I noticed they had the GM emblem on the side of theirs, which I'm so glad I didn't have to mess with getting that thing off!! Then I looked at the wheels and tires. They had the same wheels that I do, the GT shiney ones and then I noticed they had regular size tires on it. Mine came with low profile tires, you know the ones that always look like their almost flat (it drives my husband crazy when I tell him my tires look low :D ) Then when the car left the red light I noticed Alabama tags on it, but I was wondering, do they not put the same tires on all these cars? Like all the GT's get the same, the GTP's get the same, etc..... This car looked very odd to me with regular size tires on it. It took away from the GT look, not to mention they had no tire wet on them, so not only did they have bigger tires, but they were dull as well!! ;)

·
Registered
220 Posts
It was a 2006 model if it had the GM side badges. It might have been a new 4 banger or V6 model with the chrome tech rims upgrade and spoiler. Some tires do look taller even though there the same profile ratio, more thread on them. You can go up to a taller ratio tire, say a 225/65 r17 for the GT. This would give you better gas milage, makes it seem like you have a taller gear, and also show lower miles on the odometer due to the tires not turning as much as the stock size ones. The down side to it is, it screws up your speedometer.

·
Registered
488 Posts
There has to be a different of at least 3" from stock in wheel/tire size to notice any significant changes in the odometer or speedometer. But yes, you can select different tires for the 2006 G6s, I opted for the all-season tires on my GTP instead of the summer-only performance tires.

Mike

·
Registered
169 Posts
GTPGuy82 said:
There has to be a different of at least 3" from stock in wheel/tire size to notice any significant changes in the odometer or speedometer.

Mike
A difference in diameter of only 1" will result in almost a 2.5mph change on the speedo - quite noticable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts