Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i got a cherry bomb to replace the resonator and a cherry bomb turbo muffler. Took it to my exhaust guy and he said that with those i would hardly notice a diffrence, and that the route he would go it just cut off the muffler an run straight pipe an throw a tip on the end... So thats what i ended up doing, it actually sounds really good, but im wondering if this will cause a loss in back pressure, thereby screwing my car up or losing horsepower? Can somebody PLEASE gimmie some info on that.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Exhausts are tricky when it comes to horsepower and sound. Most exhaust mods are going to gives you a few horsepower in exchange for a bigger lost in torque. While it may sound good, you probably did succumb to this. Are you telling me he ran a straight pipe from your catback to the tip? That must sound horrible....

That why people who go for exhaust mods, they go all out with the GT-R since it is built for performance and sound in mind.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No i ran it from the resonator back and it sounds pretty good. not excellent, but not horrible or ricey. I'm not not diggin the torque loss, an i wanna know how i can get my back pressure back up an still keep a exhaust. I dont have 600 bucks for the GT-R exhuast. Idk if thats even shipped

·
;)
386 Posts
Can u tell if there was any low end torque loss or high end gain? Did u go with stock piping? With larger piping u might lose low end torque but gain high end revs. I would guess stock size mandrel bent pipes would be gains across the board. Not sure about that cherry bomb tho.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts