Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooooooooooooo........ What do you think?
Thanks,
Your Quote:
Coolant flush 129.95
Alignment 89.95
Trans Flush and filter 275.95:eek:
Tire Rotation 19.95
Plugs and Wires 425.00:eek:
Belt 120.00
GM coupon -20.00
HB coupon -20.00
Total 1020.80
Tim Tichy
Customer Relations Manager
Henry Brown Buick GMC

· Da.v3
597 Posts
lol get some of the work done elsewhere.

i had my tranny fluid change, flushed and filter changed or w.e for like 89 iirc. it was a local tranny shop that my uncle has been going to for ages and not some crap shop.

· Banned
258 Posts
- Agreed, I got my tranny flush and filter changed for 98 bucks.
- Tire rotation, do it yourself or have a buddy help ya.
- Plugs and wires, do it yourself. Just do one by one and take your time.
- Serpentine belt, its easy as pie, just pull back the tensioner and remove the belt, and do the same to put it back on. There should be a diagram to show the belt route.
- Alignment: dealership or somewhere else
- Coolant flush: PM sexyg6, hes done that alot he can walk you through (not hard)

You can save yourself ALOT of money if you can do it yourself....

· 08 Black GT Vert
33 Posts
It depends on how many kms/miles and what you are prepared to do yourself.
I just did the tranny flush for $189 at a GM dealer with labour so your quote is high. Other members will agree you should do the tranny every 50,000.
The more you rotate the tires the longer they last with even wear, but its a personal choice. I think its worth the 20 bucks as I don't have the time > I also pay the extra to have them balanced.

I would not do the alignment unless it pulls to the left or right or you have hit a pothole/curb as it will then need one.

Do the plugs yourself if you can, and save almost half your costs.
Belts.... timing? serpentine? yes keep these maintained.

Rad flush..
It really depends on how many kms on your car and how regularly you service it.

I would still take it somewhere else for another quote so you can compare if you dont want to do the work yourself. A good service advisor makes all the difference.
Some, and it appears yours is one of them....are paid a commission of total service $$$.

Lots of How-to help on here....... if you want to save some cash and do-it-yourself.

· Moderator Member Thingy
1,369 Posts
That is the worst quote I've seen lol.

Tranny flush - $100-$150
Alignment - $40
Rotation - Free (do it yourself)
Plugs - Do it yourself

I never go to the dealership unless I HAVE to. I can't believe they didn't charge you for having them ring up a quote.

· Storm Trooper
323 Posts
um... what state are you in?

I can do some of this for WAY LESS!!! and SO CAN YOU!!!

Coolant flush 129.95 (um... get that shit out yourself and dont put the Dex Cool back in because it is garbage. it turns into muck and shit in your system. clean it out and put in good ol antifreeze. - this is also a garage op)

Alignment 89.95 (Why? are you pulling to one direction?)

Trans Flush and filter 275.95 (Take it to Jiffy Lube or Oil Xchange whatever, and it is prob less than 200)

Tire Rotation 19.95 (um.... 3/4 socket and a breaker bar if you dont have air tools... takes 10 min.. just did that last week)

Plugs and Wires 425.00 (get them from autozone for WAY cheaper - Second question Why do you need to replace? how many miles do you have? is a wire Arcing? or do you have a miss?)

Belt 120.00 (cost MAYBE $20 - Install yourself the effing diagram is on the core support)

honestly i think that the dealership is throwing WAY too much at you knowing that you would turn away with a 1000+ bill. They collect the 150 diagnostic fee and they didnt have another car to work on and made an easy 150, because they have that order up ready for ANY car that comes in.

· Moderator Member Thingy
1,369 Posts
Spark wires don't even need replaced unless they are faulty. I went to my local AAMCO for the tranny flush. Great service if there is one near you.

Plugs? $2-4 dollars each. $15-20 dollars is better than $400. Jeez

I hate to make generalizations, but this is why I hate mechanics. They take advantage of the uneducated and rack up bills like that are unneeded in order to rake in revenue. I refuse to get opinions from the mechanic unless I personally know them because they will just choose the option that benefits them or the company. A little bit of research and education can save you some big bucks. Sorry, I just got back from the stealership who charged me to say that something was broken on my G6 that I straight up told them was broken. I just wanted to know how much it would cost. $140 dollars for a resistor?

/end rant :)

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
um... what state are you in?

I can do some of this for WAY LESS!!! and SO CAN YOU!!!

Coolant flush 129.95 (um... get that shit out yourself and dont put the Dex Cool back in because it is garbage. it turns into muck and shit in your system. clean it out and put in good ol antifreeze. - this is also a garage op)

Alignment 89.95 (Why? are you pulling to one direction?)

Trans Flush and filter 275.95 (Take it to Jiffy Lube or Oil Xchange whatever, and it is prob less than 200)

Tire Rotation 19.95 (um.... 3/4 socket and a breaker bar if you dont have air tools... takes 10 min.. just did that last week)

Plugs and Wires 425.00 (get them from autozone for WAY cheaper - Second question Why do you need to replace? how many miles do you have? is a wire Arcing? or do you have a miss?)

Belt 120.00 (cost MAYBE $20 - Install yourself the effing diagram is on the core support)

honestly i think that the dealership is throwing WAY too much at you knowing that you would turn away with a 1000+ bill. They collect the 150 diagnostic fee and they didnt have another car to work on and made an easy 150, because they have that order up ready for ANY car that comes in.
I have 93000 miles, never replaced the plugs or wires, I thought you had to replace both by 100K. The car is pulling to the right, so thats why the allingment. I got the quote "on-line" so no charge for that LOL. Thanks again for the advice guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.