Pontiac G6 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
My question really is I hate buying things online that I know nothing about. Granted ppl are saying its great, lol but to my defense I don't know these ppl haha. So is there anyway I can get the same tune at a shop.

·
Registered
422 Posts
My question really is I hate buying things online that I know nothing about. Granted ppl are saying its great, lol but to my defense I don't know these ppl haha. So is there anyway I can get the same tune at a shop.
As far as I know VECTOR and WAMS (the much better choice) are the only two companies that can tune the 2.4
I believe that HP Tuners doesnt work on the 2.4, but hopefully someone else can chime in as well

·
Decepticon Extraordinaire
5,355 Posts
HP Tuners no longer supports the G6 platform. You need to find someone who has already
tuned the G6 with success.

There were three that I know of. Westers in Canada. Vector (which went out of business and from what I hear is now back in business) and WAMS. The Tune vector had was written by WAMS and WAMS is cheaper.

You can try a local dyno shop but without support on a platform they didnt already troubleshoot youd be taking a gamble....cause they would not get any answers.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Ya someone on the site contacted me and they have the software. So, but he says he doesn't kni how to tune he just has the software.

·
Breaks Stuff
224 Posts
Ya someone on the site contacted me and they have the software. So, but he says he doesn't kni how to tune he just has the software.
Yeah I definitely want someone who doesn't know how to tune (and doesn't know they dont have the software for the E37) tuning my car ;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
yea of course.. Call injen ask for Adrian. He said probably another week but yea there taking orders now.

And as far as for the tuning i was simply saying he has the software that i could take to a tuner. My question was how do i kno if it really is the right software?

Also anyone know what kinda of gains i will get from the tune?

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Thanks! I could use some ideas of what to do next. Or what to change or do better?
Maybe its just the old school coming out but I sure like the aluminum and chrome under the hood, if your looking to spruce up under there maybe some braided hoses and outline the wording on the valve cover in black. Just some thoughts:p

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Yeah I definitely want someone who doesn't know how to tune (and doesn't know they dont have the software for the E37) tuning my car ;)
LMAO!
My thought exactly Chris!
(Maybe they stayed at a holiday-inn express last night!)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Where do i buy the wires your talking about? remember im completely new at all this. I get what your saying about out lining in black but what do i use for that?

·
Lifetime Member
3,269 Posts
Where do i buy the wires your talking about? remember im completely new at all this. I get what your saying about out lining in black but what do i use for that?
Go to an auto part store and browse, they should have some high heat touch-up paint. Just clean the valve cover and paint the raised portions of the lettering. It's time consuming but IMO worth it.
Some of these same auto part shops have slip on covers for the hoses. They can come in several colors but when it come to the engine bay I like to keep it simple.
Here's a Stang with some;

Here's a link;

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.autocarparts.com/images/ACP/Mr_Gasket.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.autocarparts.com/part/list/1366/&usg=__zSPNciGLFkt_WP8teGb3-eQWWsA=&h=193&w=298&sz=20&hl=en&start=1&zoom=1&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=ne6ueUg5KZZTOM:&tbnh=75&tbnw=116&prev=/images?q=braided+hose+covers&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&tbs=isch:1&prmd=ivns&ei=o3RXTczeF8WBlAfcktn5Bg

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Also had a question about spark plugs. Do you get any better performance from certain SP then you would from others?

·
Registered
149 Posts
GRRRRRRRRR that is just my luck...i just spent 60$ on the k&n drop in filter acouple of days ago and NOW there finally going to make a CAI for us 2.4 guys...wow that ticks me off...if only i would of waited 2 more weeks lol

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
yea most ppl are saying its not worth buying, But considering i am the only one who has it. It def beats not having to get a tune and it def beats a drop in filter. I can feel the power increase for sure and it makes my car so much louder as well.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
next on my list i really wanna get some headers and a tune but cant seem to find anyone who has done it... guys im going to be the first to get some headers as well.

·
Registered
638 Posts
next on my list i really wanna get some headers and a tune but cant seem to find anyone who has done it... guys im going to be the first to get some headers as well.
there was someone on G6P from GA i think that had headers on his 2.4 till he got massive tickets i think for speeding, and had to de-mod to pay for them

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Im not worried about speeding tickets if i was i wouldnt get an intake and a tune either so, just as long as u dont drive like an idiot. Is the guy that did the headers on this site?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Why do you guys have to tune for a cai? Isnt this the same setup the Cobalt SS/NA's have?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Why do you guys have to tune for a cai? Isnt this the same setup the Cobalt SS/NA's have?
Yea thats what i thought too. But i guess just the computer or something is different other then that im hoping everything else is the same so i can use all he cobalt stuff on my car.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts