Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just graduated from high school and I needed a car for college, so I went and bought a 2009 G6 GT sedan. I was thinking of putting some CCFL halo headlights with the black housing, but I'm not too sure about it after seeing the complaints about brands on these forums. What do you think of these?

http://www.protuninglab.com/05pog6duccha3.html

Any help would be appreciated, as I'm new to the car world.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Welcome! I know many say for those style headlights make sure to get the Eagle Eyes. That's the company that makes them, Better quality.

·
Courtney :]
179 Posts
Welcome! I have to agree with cruisin, EE are much better.

Sent from my MB520

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
So you know, those are the Eagle Eyes in your link. However, I wouldnt buy from them. Go on ebay, you can get them for around $250-260, get DDM tuning HIDs, install them yourself. Profit?

These are the ones you dont want: Spyders

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Dmanj is right, you'll save money, plus the DDM Tuning HID's will probably be of better quality and last longer.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So are the HIDs a must have? I just wanted to buy some headlights that would distinguish my car from the other G6's in my area. Are the headlights good enough to drive on the highway without the HIDs? I drive to college everyday, and sometimes I have to drive home late at night. In other words, will the lighting and brightness be better than my stock lights?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
HIDs produce a much brighter light so it will be an upgrade. But you can still run regular halogen lights with the EE, They are technically still designed for halogen, but HID upgrades are very popular and worth the money.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts