Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 V6 just with 230k and I'm currently getting a CAI; gonna get a cat-back and a WAMS tune as well. I know the new parts and tune will probably make the car not last as long, but I wanna get the maintenance out of the way to prevent any problems. I'm not a crazy car guy and the only maintenance things I know I should do are spark plugs, coolant and oil. Does anybody have a checklist? Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sounds good. I’m in the same position. Just got a 2005 with 180k miles. I started with oil change and new plugs which were pretty bad.
Mine has a bad evap vent on the tank. Which is causing an engine light. So I’m doing that next.

I’m also considering transmission filter change and fluid.

I’m on here looking for peoples thoughts on that. Some say do, some don’t. Some say professional flush, some say drop pan and change.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good. I’m in the same position. Just got a 2005 with 180k miles. I started with oil change and new plugs which were pretty bad.
Mine has a bad evap vent on the tank. Which is causing an engine light. So I’m doing that next.

I’m also considering transmission filter change and fluid.

I’m on here looking for peoples thoughts on that. Some say do, some don’t. Some say professional flush, some say drop pan and change.
I also just purchased a new evap vent as well

1 - 3 of 3 Posts