Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm Steve and I just got my hands on a 2006 black GT Coupe. I came from a 421 RWHP 2004 blue GTO. The goat was great, but was getting expensive, especially after the motor blew and I built the forged, balanced and blueprinted 347CI LS6. Well, I didn't build it myself, I just signed the check and the good folks at Modern Muscle in Oswegeo IL did the work! All the rest of the work I did myself though ;)

Anyways, I was selling it and a buddy of mine had this 06' GT Coupe with only 35k on the ODO that he was trying to sell to buy my car. I suggested a trade and he went for it. It worked out well as the GTO had 102,000 miles on it and despite the engine, trans, clutch, rear end, radiator and fans, battery, tires and so on being brand freaking new, the retail value wasn't there.

I have to admit, I was a little worried that I would immediately miss the goat, but this thing is really fun to drive. Its got the sport's suspension and the taller axle gear (I don't know if that is standard or not on all GT Coupes) which was a plus for me. I promised the wifey that I would do no performance mod this time (outside of the K&N drop in filter that she ok'ed), so its all show this time around! I've already received the iSimple iPod interface that's going in tomorrow. I'm also torn between the AIT CF spoiler and this other one that resembles the cobalt/G5 spoiler on eBay. Next is tinting the tails, unless someone thinks the Altezza black tails would be worth it. The some window tint and who knows from there.

I've been driving nothing but Pontiac since my first 87' firebird in 1996, so I got a bit of knowledge under my belt and am more than willing to help around here if I can. Sorry for the long winded post, just started typing and here I am. Take it easy,

Steve

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sounds good man, welcome! I always liked the black. Pics?

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
69 Posts
I believe you can get them around 110 on eBay. I almost got them, but really liked the tinted oem's. It's all taste.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds good man, welcome! I always liked the black. Pics?

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide App
Soon, I need to get her washed up good before I take any pictures.

·
Breaks Stuff
224 Posts
Shit the cops are here runnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shit the cops are here runnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Chris... Always blowin up my spot... We should be more scared of your mad scientist tendencies sometimes!!!

·
Breaks Stuff
224 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts