Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't really find another area for this but here goes!
I've had my '06 G6 GTP coupe for five months now and having read various threads would simply like to add my $.02.
When I read other threads relating experiences or problems had with other G6's I don't know whether to rush out and knock on wood or pinch myself to see if I'm dreaming!
The car has flaws: rear visibilty, egress and ingress, fwd but on mine at least the list of shift/transmission problems, water leaks, etc. etc. has not plagued . Indeed the only problem is a sticking driver's seat that doen't like to respond to commands from the switch.
In short, I have found the GTP to be an exceedingly quick, quiet and comfortable riding automobile unafflicted with either the woes described in automotive magazines or other owners.
Am I an exception to the rule?
GTP driver

·
Designed For Action
509 Posts
GTPdriver said:
Can't really find another area for this but here goes!
I've had my '06 G6 GTP coupe for five months now and having read various threads would simply like to add my $.02.
When I read other threads relating experiences or problems had with other G6's I don't know whether to rush out and knock on wood or pinch myself to see if I'm dreaming!
The car has flaws: rear visibilty, egress and ingress, fwd but on mine at least the list of shift/transmission problems, water leaks, etc. etc. has not plagued . Indeed the only problem is a sticking driver's seat that doen't like to respond to commands from the switch.
In short, I have found the GTP to be an exceedingly quick, quiet and comfortable riding automobile unafflicted with either the woes described in automotive magazines or other owners.
Am I an exception to the rule?
GTP driver
I had one problem in 5 months of ownership. On my car, the shifter cable broke. :eek:

·
Registered
557 Posts
In 16 months and 20,000 miles I have had a door ajar message problem that went away on its own, and a rattle in the headliner that was fixed with some new headliner clips. Overall I am very satisfied with the quality. The performance and huge size leave a lot to be desired, but I knew I was getting that when I signed the lease. Nothing makes me think that a Camry, Accord, or Altima would be any more reliable than my car.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I've had mine going on 9 months and except for the crazy starter issue (now fixed) thats the only thing I can complain about. Other than that the car is perrrrrfect **knock on wood**

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.