Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys. i would like to know if the following filter fits on my 2008 G6 V6:
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/FiltersTuneUp/EngineFiltersPCV/PRDOVR~0341200P/K%252B%252526%252BN%252BPerformance%252BAir%252BFilter.jsp?locale=en

I know a person whos owns a Subaru that installed it and says he likes it even doh u can find better ones but they would be way more expensive. Id relaly like to buy one but im not sure if it would fit and how to install it. Im counting on you guys :p and im sure you wont let me down! (never did either) :)

·
4,063 Posts
Here is the one that fits, but first do some searching. I have it and like it but the heatsheild sucks. look at my progression thread I have pictures of the two side by side. Look into Crabs. I bought the heatsheild for my K&N and every one who has the whole set up loves it. Havnt heard any complaints yet.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that K&n kit u just showed me includes the tubing. is that really necesaary...? i mean, we can use the stock tubing but wouldnt the Canadian Tire K&N filter jsut fit over the existing tubing? i would just like that sound not really performance gain as long as the performance doesn't drop lol.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ye you are right it would be good but its 175$ instead of 40 $ :) also i beleive this K&N filter comes with a heatshield.

edit: im going C.Tire tommorow with a friend so ima check that out and give ya some news.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well finaly i got a filter with no heat shield for 29.99 and i ahve seen another with a personal heat shield around it but the filter is smaller so i beleive the air flow will also be smaller. this one was 39.99. i baught the one that was 29.99 and im going to install it so see if theres any difference. if not.... ill return it and get my money back.

·
Banned
211 Posts
I have the Typhoon series K&N CAI. Off topic, but who wants to use the plastic stock intake tube? :p

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=69-7202-1TTK

^ I think it's about 350 from them, I paid less. I did design a custom heatshield, in addition to the one provided with the Typhoon kit.. I did not like the original K&N heatshield, but with about 15 bucks + 30 mins, it's improved. :]

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
by the way.... is there a way to make a home made heat shield? what would be the material and what would it have to sit on?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmmmm btw guys should i tell my insurances that i changed my intake filter? would it cost way more per year? or should i just not tell them about it

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so should i tell them about it? or should i just keep it for myself

1 - 16 of 16 Posts