Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just installed a new k&n air filter on my wife's new 06 gtp coupe. I noticed the air inlet down in the box is not much bigger than a quarter. Anybody know about any tricks to open that up a little?

·
Registered
488 Posts
K&N's filter fits on the GTP huh? I remember a few people mentioning that it only fits the 3.5.

As for the air inlet, mine is around 3" big, where is this quarter-sized hole you speak of? I did remove the resonator, but still, that's a 3" tube.

Mike

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kyleb01

i pulled out the old filter and looked down in the box where the air comes in, only about a 1 inch hole.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kyleb01

the resonator you pulled out, what was that like-that may be the 1 inch restriction i'm seeing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sorry, I did'nt see the first part of your response, K&N just e-mailed me a couple of days ago that the air filter is available now, part # is 33-2315. Martel Bros in Katy, Texas had it in stock, ordered it yesterday , on my front porch today.

·
Registered
488 Posts
oh cool. I'll have to look into getting one. The resonator is a long tube under the filter box that quiets the intake down a bit. If you look down into the box from the front of the car the hold is in the bottom corner of the box.

Mike

·
Banned
44 Posts
I ripped it all out and installed a cone filter. I'm working on a CAI, but relocating some stuff is going to be a biotch on my GTP. That air tubing sucks.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kyleb01

Yeah, it's my wife's car, i don't want to modify it too much, but at least do what's easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts