Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting a K&N Air filter for my G6 but i was just wondering if anyone else has one and what your opinions are? I am looking for ways to get better gas mileage and I heard the K&N air filter can increase it by 2mpg.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I was thinking about getting a K&N Air filter for my G6 but i was just wondering if anyone else has one and what your opinions are? I am looking for ways to get better gas mileage and I heard the K&N air filter can increase it by 2mpg.
I've got one, and don't notice much difference...but then again only had my car for a few days before I put it in, so I don't have much basis for comparison.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I've got one, and don't notice much difference...but then again only had my car for a few days before I put it in, so I don't have much basis for comparison.
Same here.

I had my car about a week then whent and got a K&N, if anything my fuel econ is worse but only cause I'm in it more because what I do notice is the power that the less restrictive filter provides.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have one..... a little bit more power.... and slightly higher mpg...

Nothing that a clean are filter will do....

Now, removing the resonator will help a little more

·
^I R CUSTOM^
77 Posts
Removing the resonator will involve a shop right? they cut out the resonator and put another piece of pipe there instead right?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nope.... just passenger side headlight removal 4 pushpins and some tinkering to remove... is a big sucker!!
Let me post some pics so you can have an better idea

1 - 8 of 8 Posts