Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i have a 2006 g6 3.5l and i am trying to get the most out of my mpg, I have changed spark plugs, got new tires, put in a new air filter, changed my oil with a full syn, did a fuel system cleaning, so i was just wondering about a cold air intake i heard people say it helps your gas millage and performance and i heard others say it made it worst, does anyone have one on their car and if so how does it do for you, also if you know any other tricks to increase my mpg please let me know thanks all

·
4,060 Posts
ive never heard of a CAI making your car worse, unless its a 4cyl 2.4 and you dont tune. Although with the more power and better sound it is kinda hard to keep your foot off the pedal. Which would result in lower MPG. FYI I have a K&N and if I were you I'd look into CRABS instead. The heatshild itself makes a world of difference. Ive got pics in my progression.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
With an intake you get cooler denser air flowing in more freely. This alone helps the engine run better and usually results in some improvement provided you keep the lead out of your foot.

You can double check your alignment, a lot of people really into MPG will have the toe and camber set to dead 0 to minimize rolling resistance, thing is I'm not sure if being at 0 degrees will still remain in spec for a G6.

Also reducing the weight of your car could improve MPG.
You can also get a tune, and while it may gain you 1-2mpg it does require premium fuel.

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
I have a CRABS with FPU. Not sure it helped my mpg but it certainly didn't hurt. But I'll admit I have a lead foot ;-)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts