Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got an '07 GT with the Monsoon audio. However since it doesn't have Bluetooth I'm going to be swapping in the Pioneer I currently have in my Subaru Impreza (Minnesota hands free law). Is it with tracking down factory rear speakers? Both are missing. Or should I just budget bypassing the stock and replacing all the speakers? Even the $50 Sony or Pioneer I can buy at Walmart are good enough for me (messed up ears due to lots of was infections as a kid).

·
Registered
180 Posts
IF you have the MONSOON audio...it is VERY difficult to change out the audio head due to the wiring. There was a recent post of a member that did accomplish it and posted pics of the numerous wiring splices needed up in the console/dash area. Good luck!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IF you have the MONSOON audio...it is VERY difficult to change out the audio head due to the wiring. There was a recent post of a member that did accomplish it and posted pics of the numerous wiring splices needed up in the console/dash area. Good luck!
You need an adapter to do it right, got today figured out. Will let me keep the steering wheel controls too. Just runs $199.99....

·
Registered
180 Posts
From what I gather in the thread I was referring to and a couple others... the Monsoon is "all alone" and adapter for it is not made. Normal audio has adapters readily available. When the radio is turned on it will display MONSOON, The glitch seems to be with the different wiring incorporated for the AMP.
But Good Luck to you and keep posting up of your workings! :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found the post on how to bypass the Monsoon amp. And the it I found on Amazon will let me keep the DIC. Right below my Pioneer for now and relocated if I upgrade to a double DIN Android Auto/Apple Car Play unit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts