Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
08 Pontiac G6 GXP
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP & long story short My key broke in my ignition & the half of the key with the chip in it is no longer in my life lol so I called a locksmith & was told that I needed the key code from the dealership. I could not get through to a single soul at the GMC dealership however & I really need to figure out a solution ASAP. Please help!! Any suggestions or/& advice is highly appreciated. I know that the code begins with the letter G then followed by 4 digits after.. thank you for your time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have a 2008 Pontiac G6 GXP & long story short My key broke in my ignition & the half of the key with the chip in it is no longer in my life lol so I called a locksmith & was told that I needed the key code from the dealership. I could not get through to a single soul at the GMC dealership however & I really need to figure out a solution ASAP. Please help!! Any suggestions or/& advice is highly appreciated. I know that the code begins with the letter G then followed by 4 digits after.. thank you for your time.
You come go to a auto wreckers and get a use key and Ignition They're not that hard to change out

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac G6 GXP, 3.6L V6 sedan
23 Posts
The dealership should be able to cut a new key based on your vin# so long as you provide proof of ownership.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts