Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the replacement key fob number and how do you program it? mine is broken and dont ever recall using one the years ive had the car. 2007 g6 4 door

·
Registered
59 Posts
whats the replacement key fob number and how do you program it? mine is broken and dont ever recall using one the years ive had the car. 2007 g6 4 door
Far as I know you have to get someone to program it. The shop that programmed mine wouldn’t accept the fobs I purchased online. I paid $95 for one.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Oh, as far as buying a new one, a few dozen sellers on eBay alone - I picked this one because he already sold over 2400 of them for $13
Key Fob click here
Common key fob across all GM models
edit - lol the auction of for 2 of them and it comes with batteries. How do these sellers make any money?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Have you "tried" repairing it? I have fixed many of these. Take the fob apart and fold up tiny little pieces of tin foil into little squares. Put them in all of the holes and put the fob back together. Has worked for me many times on many different vehicles. Just something to try.

·
Registered
106 Posts
They also sell repair kits which consist of the case and the rubber buttons (which is what usually wears out), you swap back your electronics.
But for $13 you can get 2 brand new ones with fresh batteries, why bother?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I ordered a back up fob from eBay or Amazon and switched the existing board from the working one into the new fob pads and shell. Range is even better and I got some extra buttons.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought 2 on Amazon and was told my 07 g6 couldn’t be programed manually ( maybe it was the one I bought not sure) but my Chevy dealer programed them both for $29.00

·
Registered
59 Posts
I bought 2 on Amazon and was told my 07 g6 couldn’t be programed manually ( maybe it was the one I bought not sure) but my Chevy dealer programed them both for $29.00
Only by dealers or locksmith and I paid almost $100 for one. You got a great deal with that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts