Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an aftermarket raido pioneer avh 2330 and I went to a GMC dealer and they tried to program my key fobs and said they cannot because it does not have the factory radio. Is there a work around I can do myself? 2008 G6 base.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have taken to several locksmith and several dealerships and they all said they cannot do without factory radio. I guess it's where car communicates with keys..

·
Registered
343 Posts
I recently acquired an off brand MDI interface that I wanted to try out. So with the Tech2Win up and running I went through a key fob erase and relearn. At no point was the radio or DIC directly involved in the process (no pressing menu, enter, nothing on the display etc). Clearly there could be something behind the scenes that I do not see. The Tech2 software gave various options including wipe all slots and reprogram, program the next free slot, work on the fobs / slots individually as well as diagnostics to see the last fob used, what button was pressed etc.

One thing the diagnostics showed was that I had 3 fobs programmed even though I only own two. All seemed good after the relearn, with just the 2 fobs showing. Lets hope I am not crying tomorrow if I cannot unlock the doors...!

Not sure if this will be much help to you MrOreo but it may be worth asking if one of them would be willing to hook up the Tech2 and run through the process. Hope you get it sorted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts