Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning to purchase a new key fob as my "backup" will not open the trunk after I had to solder the battery clip. I have seen online instructions on "How to program the remote for my G6 2007 GTP"...it says "hold the door lock switch down while installing the ignition key and turning if off/on 3 times consecutively" etc.....Is this accurate? and will it help me avoid the stupid charges some dealers charge....I am planning to get one through e-bay and have heard you must make sure the "circuit board is included" as the scam is selling only "shells" is going on...You must verify and double-check these sellers....lol

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I am planning to purchase a new key fob as my "backup" will not open the trunk after I had to solder the battery clip. I have seen online instructions on "How to program the remote for my G6 2007 GTP"...it says "hold the door lock switch down while installing the ignition key and turning if off/on 3 times consecutively" etc.....Is this accurate? and will it help me avoid the stupid charges some dealers charge....I am planning to get one through e-bay and have heard you must make sure the "circuit board is included" as the scam is selling only "shells" is going on...You must verify and double-check these sellers....lol
If only one or two buttons quit working a replacement button pad could solve it. About 5 bucks on ebay. Search term: G6 button pad

There is no work-around for tech 2 programming of unprogrammed fobs.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Key fob G6GTP 2007

@greenman...thanks.....is there some metal in the rubber button pad? Only my trunk release won't work.....and I as I try to figure out how it works, I have to assume some metal in the rubber button pad hits the circuit board?

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
@greenman...thanks.....is there some metal in the rubber button pad? Only my trunk release won't work.....and I as I try to figure out how it works, I have to assume some metal in the rubber button pad hits the circuit board?
There's a conductive material on the contact surfaces of the button pad. It wears off. These GM fobs seem particularly prone to it. That & the broken battery arm issue. Ford fobs seem to last forever.

Check this out:

http://www.keylessfix.com/keylessfixcom/techsupport.htm

·
Legend
782 Posts
I'm so glad I came across the thread randomly. My key fob hasn't worked for about 5 months now and I didn't find out how much it was to program one until I bought one for 30 bucks then tried to program it myself which didn't work and when I finally called a Chevy dealership and had some lady tell me that they will do it for 50 bucks but if it dosnt work or they **** it up they're not responsible and I still get charged. So I said screw you and just haven't had one. Until about 20 mins ago I read this switched out the keypads from my new fob into my old one and now it works beautifully. Thanks a million!!!!!!!! Oh how I've missed my remote start.

Sent from my HTC Inspire using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey J Dog, this site comes in handy...no? You just switched the rubber pads and it worked? Greenman was right on...thanks greenman, I am going to buy just the pad on e-bay...they are like $6......keeping my "fingers crossed"....Wllntr54

1 - 8 of 8 Posts