Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i'm having some strange issues with my keyless/alarm. i'm just wondering where the keyless receiver/transmitter is located? mtchell i belive says left rear in trunk compartment but i wasn't able to find after a quick check. i've looked into it quite a bit and keep having to dig deeper and the recevier is next on the list, thanks

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
hey guys i'm having some strange issues with my keyless/alarm. i'm just wondering where the keyless receiver/transmitter is located? mtchell i belive says left rear in trunk compartment but i wasn't able to find after a quick check. i've looked into it quite a bit and keep having to dig deeper and the recevier is next on the list, thanks
The receiver is under the rear shelf trim panel unless you have a convertible.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you happen to have a pic? i must be totally blind cause i'm not seeing it anywhere...if i pop the trunk and look in, i should just see it/ or do i need to remeove the trim panel or pull back carpet or something? thanks

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
do you happen to have a pic? i must be totally blind cause i'm not seeing it anywhere...if i pop the trunk and look in, i should just see it/ or do i need to remeove the trim panel or pull back carpet or something? thanks
Remove the rear shelf trim panel.

Also, only a dealer can replace it as the old one needs to have it's data copied by a tech 2 & then pasted into the new receiver.

http://www.g6ownersclub.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2423&stc=1&d=1315879051

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts