Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just bought a G6 and love it. I bought it used an 06 V6 standard model. I did not receive the keyless entry remote. So I thought I would just go purchase a remote starter with keyless entry. After doing some research I discovered some G6's come standard with a remote starter. How can I find out if my car has the remote starter already installed?

Also, anyone know where I can download a pdf of the owners manual?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
You could go to your dealership and get them to pull up an RPO list from their vehicle inquiry system and see if ya got it ... a good service advisor should be able to tell ya no problem

·
Registered
1 Posts
keyless entry 98 bonneville

I have a 1998 Bonneville and my manual says that it may have keyless entry hardware installed, but I bought it used and don't know how to tell. Is there something visible that will give it away?

·
Registered
5 Posts
horse power

I just bought a certified used 2007 G6. From what I can tell I made a good choice in buying this car. I'm a little confused though, I can tell that it's not the value leader trim, but it's not a GT either. I looked on a web site to c how much horsepower my car was supposed to come with. It has a 3.5 V6 but one review site said there were two 3.5's and it listed the both of them with in the 2 and 250 range. Is this true or not would really want to know this info. How can I tell?

·
Registered
585 Posts
I just bought a certified used 2007 G6. From what I can tell I made a good choice in buying this car. I'm a little confused though, I can tell that it's not the value leader trim, but it's not a GT either. I looked on a web site to c how much horsepower my car was supposed to come with. It has a 3.5 V6 but one review site said there were two 3.5's and it listed the both of them with in the 2 and 250 range. Is this true or not would really want to know this info. How can I tell?
DOUBLE POST!

·
Registered
42 Posts

I think it's right @ 210hp.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just was reading through the manual for a little extra knowledge. I have a remote key-less entry remote that doesn't have the starter. In the manual it says that some don't come with the remote, but it is available and may already be setup for use with your car. If your remote has a "+" on the back of it, your car already has the remote start feature available. All you need to do is go to your dealer and have them give you the remote that has the remote start feature on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If your remote has a "+" on the back of it, your car already has the remote start feature available. All you need to do is go to your dealer and have them give you the remote that has the remote start feature on it.
i don't have the remote however my key does have the "+" symbol in 2 locations. 1 on the black casing and the other "+" symbol is on the key itself. does this mean then all i need to do is go to the dealer and get a new remote?

·
Registered
11 Posts
i don't have the remote however my key does have the "+" symbol in 2 locations. 1 on the black casing and the other "+" symbol is on the key itself. does this mean then all i need to do is go to the dealer and get a new remote?
I just purchased the remote start remote off of ebay for $21.95. GM sells them through dealerships for about $150. So try ebay before you go to your dealership so you don't waste $100+ on a remote.

·
Registered
15 Posts
No the plus symbols on the key is actually the anti-theft chip. Someone finally figured out how to integrate it into the key without the bulk of it exposed. I'm currently looking into installing factory keyless entry myself.

From what I understand, if car does not come with factory keyless entry, then service people tell you that your out of luck. However, I believe all that needs to be done is installing the keyless entry module and having a tech reprogram the computer. My uncle is a service manager at a GM service center so I'll try to clarify everything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hid Lights ...legal Or Not Legal In Nys ?

Hello everyone,

I am interested in putting in 8500k hid xenon lights, but not sure if its legal in nys.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me ?:)

·
Lead Foot
67 Posts
No the plus symbols on the key is actually the anti-theft chip. Someone finally figured out how to integrate it into the key without the bulk of it exposed. I'm currently looking into installing factory keyless entry myself.

From what I understand, if car does not come with factory keyless entry, then service people tell you that your out of luck. However, I believe all that needs to be done is installing the keyless entry module and having a tech reprogram the computer. My uncle is a service manager at a GM service center so I'll try to clarify everything.
Bump

were you able to find anything out? my key has the + on it and i would love keyless entry! anyone have anymore info?

·
Registered
22 Posts
My 2006 G6's remote starter does not work anymore. Does anyone else have this problem?? I will lock the car twice and hold the button for 2+ seconds like the dealer told me, but the parking lights just flash and the car will not start. any ideas???? :confused:

·
Registered
24 Posts
My 2006 G6's remote starter does not work anymore. Does anyone else have this problem?? I will lock the car twice and hold the button for 2+ seconds like the dealer told me, but the parking lights just flash and the car will not start. any ideas???? :confused:
Not sure if a FUSE but possible, have you tried replacing batteries as may be too weak of signal to start but lock/unlock enough.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I use my "second" remote fob presently. I never used it till this year, just the other one which I believe is dead.

I hope it's something that simple....I can't afford to fix!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts