Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, just bought my 2007 Pontiac G6 V6 about 3 days ago and I'm loving it from every aspect. My concern about it is getting it a remote. I was reading other members blogs and I had seen that if the key to the car had a "+" on it, basically the vehicle is already installed with the brain of the keyless entry remote. Now what can I do, or how can I know that my car does really have this feature? If so, can i just buy a remote or would I need a mechanic to install it and the whole nine yards? Thanks.

·
Courtney :]
179 Posts
Regardless if you have the feature or not you have to have a mechanic program the remote.

Sent from my MB520

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
You can purchase a remote from ebay or amazon, but you will have to go to the dealer to get it programmed for your G6. WAMS does a BCM tune that can add remote start functionality, if that's something you may be interested in.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If you go to a dealer look to drop around $120. Yesterday I had to go to the dealer since my remote died and dished out 80 for a remote and 40 for installation. I know I could have did it for cheaper but didn't feel like waiting on a remote from online. Best of luck to you!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just had to have my remote replaced, and quite a while ago they had to reprogram it...I've had to change the battery many times as well...the auto-start doesn't work unless you're fairly close to the vehicle, so I end up starting it as I'm walking across the parking lot, which doesn't give a lot of time for the vehicle to warm up. Not the best remotes in the industry.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
That's odd, I've been able to remote start my car from quite a far distance. For instance I always parked at the back of the lot of a grocery store, if I go all the way to the bathrooms in back, I can still start it. Of course that's with a fresh battery. Over time my range diminishes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts