Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I bought an extra remote on e-bay and it was supposed to come with instructions on programming it. It didn't, but before I send it back, I was wondering if anyone here had those instructions. I don't want to go to the dealer to have it done if at all possible. Thanks.
Rusty

·
Registered
279 Posts
Unfortunately on this vehicle you cannot program new key fobs for a vehicle yourself. The dealer needs to do it with a test tool.

There are many types of key fobs out there so it is not always a sure thing the one you received is correct one. If you still have it available take a look and answer these questions:

Does your vehicle have remote start and/or does the new fob have remote start.

Take a look at the GM Part Number on back cover. Here are a couple potential part numbers that you should find

Remote Start Transmitter: New-22733524, old-10305092
Non-Remote Start Transmitter: New-22733523, old-10305091

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The ones I got on E-bay are 10305092. The ones that came with the car are 22733524. How much do you think the dealer will charge to program these? I do have the remote start

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't think they'll be able too because the remote isn't the same model, I'm pretty sure it works on different frequencies.

To program it takes at most 5 minutes so it depends on your dealer how much they'll charge. Most will charge minimum half an hour of shop time (at 50$/hour that'd be 25$) but some will do it for free if you ask nicely. Not likely with a part you bought from somewhere else though...

·
Registered
279 Posts
Actually with the parts you have I think either will work. The old ones were likely from a 2004 Malibu which has same remote start system as G6. One difference with them is that they have a slightly longer delay for trunk to pop when you press button and I think there was a battery retention feature improvement on newer part.

If you go to dealer make sure you take all fobs because programming procedure usually erases memory in module.

·
Registered
35 Posts
99% of the time, it is the rubber button pad that has conductive material on the back that wears out, you can replace the rubber button pad and everything will work "like new"...a lot cheaper and no programming..Wally

1 - 8 of 8 Posts