Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it's been about two days now and iv'e been hearing a weird knocking noise whenever i brake....at first i thought it was maybe things in my trunk moving around but i rolled down my windows and i noticed its coming from the passenger front tire, not too sure, other times from the middle. If anyone please knows what it may be please let me know, thank you!

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Is it only when braking? Going straight or turning? Did you try jacking up the whole front end of the car and trying to wiggle both front wheels, checking for anything loose or worn.

Could be a number of things, I had a ball joint go out on the right front. It would knock ever so slightly over certain kinds of bumps or when braking in just the right condition.

·
Gpof59
46 Posts
If you can't jack it up yourself,then take it to a tire shop and let them look. Having a ball joint go out is not an experience you want. Their is numerous suspension parts that can cause this from minor to major.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It only knocks some times not all the time. Today i noticed my rear passenger tire had lost a lot of air, I was thinking maybe that's what was making the noise but, i got to take my car back to the dealer to get the auto start sensor replaced so when i do i will let them know about it.

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
If you can't jack it up yourself,then take it to a tire shop and let them look. Having a ball joint go out is not an experience you want. Their is numerous suspension parts that can cause this from minor to major.
I've had a ball joint break... not fun at all.

It only knocks some times not all the time. Today i noticed my rear passenger tire had lost a lot of air, I was thinking maybe that's what was making the noise but, i got to take my car back to the dealer to get the auto start sensor replaced so when i do i will let them know about it.
Ask them to hoist it up and do an inspection. They may in fact try to sell you that service anyway.

Also what part of Chicago are you from? I think you may have told me but I don't remember. I'm up near Gurnee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts