Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Konig Zero-In **Now Pics**

Does anyone on here have the Konig Zero-In's on their car? I'm pretty shure i'm going to buy these tomorrow. I like the Konig Swurve also but they are being discontinued.

Also, what would be a good way to paint over the red line that goes around the wheel? Could i just use some automotive touch up paint, or would it come off eventually from washing them? My car is the maroon color (I think sport red metalic) and think the red line would not match well.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Those look nice. I'd put them on the car before going over that line. But touch up paint would probably work best. Or some other enamel paint.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's the new wheels I put on yesterday!

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Very nice. That's not the stock tire size though is it? The sidewall looks bigger than normal.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, the wheels are 17". the tires are 215/55/17 Michelin Primacy MXV4. It was an optional standard size. I think most of the older G6's had the 225/50/17. I was more conserned with ride comfort then handling, seeing as it's a 4 banger lol.

Not to mention I just bought the car brand new with brand new Michelins on it...I wasn't about to just throw them out.

·
Moderator Member Thingy
1,330 Posts
Yes, the wheels are 17". the tires are 215/55/17 Michelin Primacy MXV4. It was an optional standard size. I think most of the older G6's had the 225/50/17. I was more conserned with ride comfort then handling, seeing as it's a 4 banger lol.

Not to mention I just bought the car brand new with brand new Michelins on it...I wasn't about to just throw them out.
Thats ok. Did you get an alignment? For some reason your back tire looks like its half an inch away from you fender wall.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had just set the car down after installing them. Sometimes the wheels sit funny when first set down from the weight of the car. It hadn't been moved forward or back yet. But yah I should get it checked just in case.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I like those rims..... the ones I just bought are grey with machined face as well, you just can't tell in the pics I posted.

This is a better side / three quarter view. I was going to take some more pics today, but we had a nice snow storm move in and it has been coming down all day.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hollywood, yah I really like your wheels too! I was trying not to spend that much money though lol... My main goal was to get the steel wheels off. I only eneded up paying $535 for the wheels, new lug nuts, and tax.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hollywood, yah I really like your wheels too! I was trying not to spend that much money though lol... My main goal was to get the steel wheels off. I only eneded up paying $535 for the wheels, new lug nuts, and tax.
That's not bad at all. I am assuming you used the tires you already had and just switched them over to the new rims? My factory rims were starting to leak and were a bit scratched up, plus I needed new tires, so I figured what the hell....

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yah i just bought the car and it had brand new Michelin Primacy MXV4's on it. So I didn't want to go to 18's because of that. My Malibu has the 18"s though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The salesman was really trying to push the Illusion on me. I didn't realize you could get them without the silver etching. I personally didnt like the highly polished black, and the silver lines. This is what leaned me towards the zero-ins. I also liked the polished look of the zero-ins.

·
Registered
166 Posts
well my mistake.. it actually only comes in red, blue or the machined silver. So I rather go with the red, cuz it will suit it better than the machined silver. I was leaning towards the zero-inn's as well. But I dont think it would look any good on the red that I have.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts