Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 G6 GTP coupe 3.9L V6 6speed.

Lately after some rain when I open my trunk a little
bit of water runs out from the trunk panel into the trunk.

I'll try to explain as best as I can where it's coming from. The trunk lid near the GTP badge and the lock cylinder for the trunk. That panel is hollow. From the inside of the panel there is a hole where you can access the lock cylinder. This is the hole where the water runs from when I raise the trunk. As it is closed I guess the water accumulates at the bottom
Of the trunk and when I lift it gravity pulls it out of this hole.

Is this a common problem? Any suggestions? Any ideas?

While I'm thinking of it. What are signs of a clogged sunroof drain pipe? Where is the end of the tube (ie where does it drain to - if I wanted to shoot it with compressed air)

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
The drain tubes I believe run down the rear roof pillars down the quarter panel of the car.
Have you tried hosing down the trunk then opening to find where its coming from? I wonder if your key hole seal has a leak in it.
I had this happen a lot with my cutty, but it was due to condensation. The entire underside of the trunk would be wet. But of course you need the right conditions in weather and such.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The drain tubes I believe run down the rear roof pillars down the quarter panel of the car.
Have you tried hosing down the trunk then opening to find where its coming from? I wonder if your key hole seal has a leak in it.
I had this happen a lot with my cutty, but it was due to condensation. The entire underside of the trunk would be wet. But of course you need the right conditions in weather and such.
I agreed what is said above!!!
You are 100% good here that the drain tubes, run down the rear roof pillars down the quarter panel of the car.

Vehicle Modifications

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very late reply here. I didn't have any problems afterwards so I sort of just let it go. But after having some other water issues in my trunk I decided to tackle all of the water leaking issues.

2 weeks ago I took the headliner down and fixed all 4 sunroof drains with extensions and 1/4 inch couplers.

Last weekend I redid all the seam sealer on the trunk, removing the bumper and tail lights.

This weekend I tested it and everything is great no leaks ... Except the problem I mentioned earlier in this thread. I had somebody hose it while I was in the trunk and it is coming directly in from the keyhole on the trunk.

I have a few questions regarding this, is it normal that a hose pointed at the keyhole would let water in? (Wasn't high pressure, just a garden hose without a nozzle)

How do you remove the key cylinder to seal it up? Is there a part number for the gasket? Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts