Pontiac G6 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that here and there my car smells like wet dog when i get in. Sometimes it hasnt rained for days. There have been a few times where i noticed after/during a hard rain there are water droplets that will pour down from the small area located between the windshield and the sunroof where the button to operate said sun roof is located.

Im initially chalking this up to weather stripping issues.

But i thought about it and remembered that during the winter my windshield would also ice up on the inside...so even after ive sat in the snow for 20 minutes scraping off the car i have to repeat on the inside of the damn windshield..

could this be related to each other? and any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
Yea it does almost sound like a weatherstripping issue. But a common problem with the sunroof on these cars is the draining hoses will come apart and leak.
Here's a nice thread on fixing the issue.
http://www.g6performance.com/forum/showthread.php?t=670&highlight=sunroof+fix
It sounds like this to me. Maybe the excess water/moisture getting in was causing the windshield to ice up on the inside in cold weather...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi,

Few questions...

Is this leakage problem happened on sunroff of all years (05 to 2010) or just some years in particular?
I have an 08 sedan with sunroff

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,232 Posts
I haven't read/seen anything that suggests it happens to only certain model years. From what I can gather it seems to happen to any G6 with a sunroof, though it doesn't seem to happen to all of them...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts