Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought me a G6 i havent had it more than thirty days and it has recently started leaking water into the car bad i was wondering if anyone has had this issue before..or if it is a problem that im going to have alot with the car..

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it has a sun roof..and its a 2007 4se...all the water is in the back floor board on the passenger side..i noticed when i had put someone in the car..it looked like some water was leaking from the front door passenger side...and it was coming in from behind the dash and running down to the floor..but there was so much water in the floor i had to get a wet vac to get it out and it was under the carpet and it was probably about 2in on the carpet itself...and i put a windvisor on the sun roof..the clip in kind are they any good or should i have go the tape kind

· Registered
2 Posts
Waterfowler, yr click here is just what I need to fix my sunroof leak via those drain tubes ( 06 GT coupe, sunroof, wet belt & on rear passenger floor ). But link doesn't work.........can you give me more info or direct me to those instructions ?? Tks !

· Registered
2 Posts
Thank you Waterfowler & Forum.......reattached the offending hose yesterday exactly as pictured & overnight rain stayed out. Used a tie-wrap rather than glue on fitting, after pulling hose up to lengthen it, as space tight, so may have to go back in if reoccurence.......beats the stealer bs anyday.

· Registered
6 Posts
Sounds like I just got screwed. I purchased a 07 G6 GT sedan 2 days ago. Last night I noticed the water after parking it on an incline and opening the back passenger side door to see standing water. Took it back to the stealership this morning. They did not have much to say except that they would take care of it at no cost to me. Well we will see how they do. They knew exactly what it was. My question is should I make them take the car back all together. I feel like I get a decent deal on the vehicle. It has 58K. I paid 7500 on the road plus traded a basic 2004 cavalier with 98K. Now maybe I know why. The car drove and tested good. I just did not think to check the back floor board for water. I mean WTF. Anyway, does the fix usually work or does the issue reappear? Like I said I was happy with the car until this. It has leather, sunroof, monsoon sound, remote start, and a bathtub in the back passenger seat. For real, what do you suggest? I CAN"T BELIEVE I MISSED THIS ISSUE WHEN RESEARCHING!!

· Registered
209 Posts
Sounds like I just got screwed. I purchased a 07 G6 GT sedan 2 days ago. Last night I noticed the water after parking it on an incline and opening the back passenger side door to see standing water. Took it back to the stealership this morning. They did not have much to say except that they would take care of it at no cost to me. Well we will see how they do. They knew exactly what it was. My question is should I make them take the car back all together. I feel like I get a decent deal on the vehicle. It has 58K. I paid 7500 on the road plus traded a basic 2004 cavalier with 98K. Now maybe I know why. The car drove and tested good. I just did not think to check the back floor board for water. I mean WTF. Anyway, does the fix usually work or does the issue reappear? Like I said I was happy with the car until this. It has leather, sunroof, monsoon sound, remote start, and a bathtub in the back passenger seat. For real, what do you suggest? I CAN"T BELIEVE I MISSED THIS ISSUE WHEN RESEARCHING!!
Unfortunately, no car is perfect. I mean even Ferrari's catch on fire. Hopefully the drain tube fixes your problem. Good luck.

· Registered
6 Posts
Well after a few weeks I am getting my G6 back today. Dealership paid for the water leak fix and the new carpet. I can't really complain if it is fixed because they were cooperative and addressed the issue. Still think I may pull the panels off and check the drain tubes myself though. You know just to make sure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.