Pontiac G6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So before my warranty ran out I brought my car to the dealership and said "Search the car from roof to tires and everything in between for any possible problem" and apparantly the only thing he could find is a leaky crank case. What could this cause??? Is this a serious problem???

· Registered
638 Posts
well of course no leak is a good leak and since u say ur still under warranty i would make them fix it. im sure you dont feel like haveing puddles of oil under your G6 or having to add oil in between oil changes.

· Lifetime Member
3,805 Posts
So before my warranty ran out I brought my car to the dealership and said "Search the car from roof to tires and everything in between for any possible problem" and apparantly the only thing he could find is a leaky crank case. What could this cause??? Is this a serious problem???
Did they say anything more than that? IMO, thats like saying "you have a flat".

· Registered
470 Posts
I'd get the dealer to fix under warranty for sure. That should be covered under power-train!

I know it's not a similar car, but the oil pan gasket on my Taurus decided to fail a few years ago. I didn't have the time to do it myself, let alone the resources in the middle of winter back then and the gasket was $58, and it took a guy nearly three hours to replace it. Total cost was close to $500 with taxes and an oil filter change. I wasn't happy, but having to add a quart of oil every few days, I had to get it fixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.